Sports Injuries & the Adult Athlete
There are many websites available that offer health-related information. Here is a list of a few of our favorite websites which you may find helpful.
Note: Orthopedics at Memorial Hospital does not endorse all the information on each website, so we encourage you to discuss and confirm the information you gather with your physician.
Orthopedics and sports medicine-related sites
- www.orthoinfo.aaos.org— Information for patients from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- www.acsm.org— American College of Sports Medicine.
- www.acefitness.org— American Council On Exercise.
- www.aota.org— American Occupational Therapy Association.
- www.wheelessonline.com-- Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics
General health information
- www.familydoctor.org— From the American Academy of Family Physicians. A great place to start.
- www.mayoclinic.com— The Mayo Clinic website. Medical tools and information.
- www.mercksource.com— The classic Merck Manual, a great body atlas and access to A.D.A.M. (an independent medical encyclopedia).
- www.webmd.com— A popular commercial website.
- www.nlm.nih.gov— The National Institute of Health’s medical encyclopedia
- www.MemorialHospitalNH.org— Memorial Hospital website, where we are located